Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sammers!

To celebrate his birthday we spent the morning at Pioneer Park with Grandma and Great Uncle John (who both flew up here on Tuesday). It was an absolutely gorgeous day and we all had a blast.


Wes stopped by and joined us for a picnic lunch as well
We also got ice cream and rode the train before heading home for naps. Bo was afraid the train was going to be really loud like the one in Austin at Zilker Park that he hated, but it wasn't. He and Sam both enjoyed it
I fixed Sam is favorite meal (meat loaf & mashed potatoes) which he absolutely devoured before digging in to his birthday cake that Bo & I made earlier that morning
I'm not exactly sure how much made it in to his mouth but he sure had fun playing in it. There was cake EVERYWHERE!
Then it was time for presents (unfortunately I was a bad mother and dressed him in non-matching, quite clashing pajamas which made for funny pics but Sam didn't care)It was difficult for Bo to understand that the presents were for Sam and not him. He had to play with every toy first but Sam was a good sport about it and just swooped in as soon as Bo went on to the next fun thing.
Happy Birthday, Sam! I still can't believe you're 1.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Happy Birthday, Sam!!

Angie said...

Can't believe he is a year old already...

I LOVE the pic of Sam in the tub with the chocolate all over his face. It's my second favorite (the one of him in the sink after his first hair cut is my favorite:)

Thanks for sharing your amazingly cute kiddos with us!!