They boys really had a good time and there were quite a few steps which was nice because it kept us occupied for a long time. Keep in mind it is not complicated and could probably be made in about 20 minutes if solo but with 3 little kiddos measuring, dumping and stirring, it was an all morning project.
Here is how we did it.
- Stir 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup salt, 2 Tbs cream of tartar in medium bowl.
- Mix 1 cup water & 1 Tbs oil in another bowl
- Add food coloring of choice and stir
- Then add the water mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined
- Stir over medium heat 3-5 minutes. When it forms a ball in the center, remove from heat
- and let cool
- Put on floured surface and knead until desired consistency.
- Store in air tight container in the fridge.