Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Max- 4 (and a half) months

Today was Max's 4 month well baby check-up and he is healthy as can be.

weight: 15 lbs 9 oz
height: 25 in
head: 16.93 in

His left eye is still weepy but it has improved a bunch from a couple of months ago. The doctor seems to think it will clear itself up soon. He says typically they do by 9 months but if not, then they can go in and surgically open up the duct at that point. I agree with the doc in that I think it will clear up on its own, but we'll see how it goes.

Like our other 2, Max is not much of a sleeper. I have come to the conclusion that Wes and I just breed non-sleepers. He is up every 1.5-2 hours at night now and I am exhausted. Last night he and I spent the whole night on the couch because I kept falling asleep nursing with him on my chest and never seemed to wake up enough to make it back to bed.

We screwed up royally with Bo's sleep habits, did a little better with Sam, but I am bound and determined to get it right this time around. I have been really trying to put him down awake for naps during the day rather than just let him fall asleep on the boob and am going to start weaning him off of middle of the night feedings (aka: let him cry) once we get back from Austin in a couple of weeks. I just hope I have the will power to do it this time around.

But oh he is a happy, patient kid. He has the biggest open mouth smile that is impossible to ignore. He also raises his eyebrows all the time which is absolutely adorable. He rarely cries unless he's hungry, tired or needs to burp (which happens a lot). And thank goodness he is patient. With 2 older brothers who are basically still babies themselves, he often has to wait in line for mommy. He is by far the most patient of the 3 and for this I am extremely thankful.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I love your header photo.

Don't feel like you screwed up with your boys' sleep. Yes, you have some influence on how your children sleep, but I firmly believe that you basically get a good sleeper or not. I didn't do things much differently at first with Christopher over Ashlyn, but he was just different. The reason some things were different was because he didn't sleep as well with us as his own bed. Then, he would just go to sleep, so I didn't have to let him cry at all. That was just how he was. I hope Max does end up being a better sleeper for you. You definitely deserve one, but don't beat yourself up over the others.

Also, I just looked up how far of I drive I will be from Austin. Only about 8 hours! You'll have to let me know sometime when you will be there. I would love to (ditch the husband and kids and) visit for a couple of days, though I know how hard it is to make time for everyone in a visit.

Your boys are all beautiful. I still can't believe that you are a family of 5!