Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bo Is 4!!

It's hard to believe, but Bo turned 4 on Tuesday and we had an all out day of serious playing. He wanted to stay home all day and play so that is what we did.

I ignored all cooking, cleaning, emailing, working, laundry, phone talking and anything else mommy related and just played. It was fantastic. Sam even played right through his nap; too much fun to be had.

Launching cars off back of couch, down ramp & into bucket

On Bo's list of things to do (which he stated first thing that morning): play cars, airplanes, trains, monster jam, and build a fort. And that is what we did. Plus have a picnic lunch in the living room of macaroni & cheese, grapes, wheat-thins with cream cheese and cookies for dessert. The boys loved it.

Throughout the day he was cracking me up with all sort of observations and questions like, "How come my clothes still fit now that I am 4?", and "Look how big my feet are now!", and "What can 4 year olds do?"

I tried to answer with something insightful every time, but after trying to glorify the fact that 4 year olds get to go to the dentist and him looking at me with crossed eyes, I stopped.

Anyhoo . . .Wes came home early to join in the fun but first we had a yummy birthday dinner of pancakes and chocolate-vanilla swirl cake. Bo's choice, of course. Then came the presents. We gave him some new trains for his Thomas set, a Spiderman shirt that lights up (which he has worn 4 of the last 6 days, might I add), Spiderman socks, a Radio Flyer scooter, and a . . .Yep, that's right. A SNOWMACHINE!! And he loves it.

By the end of the night he had already driven it up the pipeline and made a few laps around our yard. He is such an analytical kid that thinks through every little thing so we are not worried. He is definitely not a get-on-it-and gun-it type child. Sam on the other hand, probably will not be driving a snowmachine at 4. He would be one to ram it right into a tree. And after ALL of that, Bo still woke up the following morning asking where all of his other presents he was supposed to get were? You see, for the past month, every toy commercial that came on TV, Bo would yell, "Mommy, Mommy, I want THAT for my birthday!!" and apparently he thought that meant he was getting them.

I wonder, does that mean he is spoiled or just naive? What do you think?

4 comments:

Angie said...

I don't know whether he is spoiled, but, with a snowmachine and 4 wheeler, he is definitely Alaskan.

Happy Birthday, Bo!

Angie said...

I think it means he's adorable...and probably a bit spoiled, as I think all kids should be;) And, um, I'm a bit jealous of the snowmachine.

Tracy said...

That's a good looking cake! I'm glad you all enjoyed your 100% play day. Is Bo at least wearing a helmet on that thing?? Happy birthday, Bo! Love, Aunt Tracy

POB said...

I love that you played all day with them. I don't think I've ever done that but am going to have to try it.

Happy Birthday, Bo Bo!