Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Party Is Still A Party Even If It's 3 Weeks Late

Since Wes and I were in Seattle on Max's actual birthday (sorry Maxy) we decided to push it off even a few more weeks and wait to celebrate when Opa and Nana were here. So last Sunday we did just that.

It was really nice. I cooked a ham, Nana made potato salad, Grandma came over (Grandpa was working on the house) and we had a mini Max party. We opened presents (mainly all pajamas) and then let Max go to town on his cake. I made a Devil's Food cake with vanilla icing and he devoured it!
Finally Slowing Down

I knew he was shoveling and shoveling and the cake was disappearing but I thought most of it was missing his mouth and falling into his lap. But I was wrong. I felt horr-i-ble. Horrible, I tell you! The kid ate an ENTIRE loaf of cake. An entire loaf of cake, folks. I thought he might explode. Or puke. Or pass-out. Or have the most ginormous cakepoop ever. But nothing. The kid took it like a champ. 'Man vs. Food' has nothing on him.
Oooh, so FULL!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAX!! I love you.

1 comment:

Angie said...

That's hilarious that he ate it all! You'll definitely have to watch him with desserts. Too funny!