Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Max's First Day of Preschool

It's hard to believe but #3 started school today.  He is going to the same preschool Bo & Sam went to, Bright Beginnings, and I still love everything about it.  I love that he will have the same teacher, be in the same room, and do all the same things as his brothers.  I find peace in that and it's so neat to hear Bo & Sam talking to him about their experiences and what they remember.  This morning at breakfast they were getting him all excited about the gym and the castle and the Legos.  It melted my heart. 

Unfortunately the excitement wore off by the time we got to school and he realized that I wasn't staying the entire time.  He joined the class well while I was still in the building filling out paper work and such but when I went to tell him I was leaving, the flood gates opened.  He was borderline hysterical.  It wasn't that he didn't want to stay, he just didn't want me to go.  He's always been my little buddy and he wanted so badly to go with me.  I knew he would be fine and on the count of 3 I handed him over to Mrs. Dupont and walked away. 

I took a deep breath and after putingt my heart back in my chest, I went shopping. 

When I picked him up, he was all smiles.  Mrs. Dupont said he took about 10 minutes to join the group once I left.  They were in the gym.  Max was watching while all the kids were getting chased by the aide when Mrs. Dupont heard him mumble under his breath, "she can't catch me". So she told the aide while looking at Max that someone thinks he can't be caught and he instantly lit up with an ear to ear grin and took off running.   That was that.  He then had a little trouble with the transition from the gym to snack time (screamed at the teacher that he WAS NOT EATING and DID NOT WANT TO EAT SNACK) but after that, he was great!

Here are a few pics from when I picked him up.  He was not in the mood when I dropped him off. 




 up in the castle



No comments: