Thursday, June 25, 2015

Blog Name Change

I think I should change the name of my blog to

SEALED WITH A KICK

It seems way more telling at this stage in the boys' lives than - This That & Carrot Tops.

The boys can not keep their hands and feet to themselves.  They are constantly touching each other.  At the table, watching TV, riding bikes, going on a walk, playing cards, grocery shopping, riding in the car.  You name it and they've found a way to make it a contact sport.  

 It's not always malicious.  In fact, often times it is pure joyous play.  But regardless of the motive, it always happens and always involves some combination of a kick, elbow jab, blind push from behind, sucker punch to the gut, wrestle take down, or one of my least favorites, a ball grab (Sam) or an uninvited punch to the junk (Max).

Yep, you heard me right. A walk-by, full on, punch to the baby maker.  And unfortunately this is actually Max's preferred method of greeting  Bo and Wes'  friends.  Don't get me wrong, he gets in serious trouble for this type of behavior but when an alpha dog needs to be heard, he barks right on through that bark collar.  

However, my half full glass of optimism and I are just thankful he doesn't walk up to them and hump them from behind.  That might require a little more than just a new blog name.

So . . .to the obviously kid-less barista at Starbucks who looked at me like I'd lost my marbles when I ordered a "16 ounce cup of patience" last week . . .  Just wait.  Karma is a bitch.  You are going to have girls.


No comments: