Friday, September 26, 2008

Our Little X-Gamer

Bo has always been a very physical kid. He started walking at 9 months and has been going ever since. He loves to run, jump, swing as high as you can swing him, ride 4-wheelers, throw footballs and tackle you as soon as you catch them. He is no doubt, athletic, which I think is great but it's his no-fear attitude that scares the living day lights out of me.

Yesterday he spent almost an hour running and jumping off my bed onto a pile of pillows. And I'm talking, full on, leaping, border line long-jumping off the bed. He's nuts.


He also went out in to the garage by himself, put on his helmet (backwards, which cracked me up) and begged to drive the 4-wheeler. I am quite certain he would have driven it around the block if he could have found the keys.


Then today, he found the cross country skis I bought him at a garage sale last weekend and skied around the living room like he had done it for years. I don't get it. It's difficult for me to do and I consider myself pretty coordinated (no laughing Wes). Plus, I don't even think he has ever seen anyone ski before so just the fact that he knew what to do with them blew me away. He's only 2 for goodness sakes.


But like I said before, it's this crazy level of physical prowess that scares me. And tonight, this fear came into fruition.

He was reinacting his bed jumping for Wes tonight (but without the pile of pillows) and on about the third jump, he landed funny and hurt his foot. I could tell right away it wasn't good. He was screaming and couldn't put any weight on it. We iced and elevated it for quite a while but because it was so close to bed time, we decided to put him to bed and assess the damage in the morning. Hopefully he'll bounce out of bed tomorrow and forget anything ever happend.

We'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Poor Bo. First sports injury?

You have some good action shots there. I've been looking at trampoline shots online and would like to take the safety net off our neighbor's tramp to take pictures now. Of course, Ashlyn doesn't really jump, so the pictures won't be that great. She is not at all like Bo. Much more cautious.

And, I like your profile picture.

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

Was there ever any doubt that you and Wes would have athletic kiddos?

I love it. He is so fun! That 4wheeler picture is priceless. Priceless I tell you.

Hope the injury isn't really an injury, and he wakes up feeling AOK and ready to go.