Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I must be so incredibly loved. Today is Mother's Day and I have been totally spoiled.

Wes began the day by making Bo pancakes (or a plate of syrup is more like it) and the rest of us waffles. He & Bo then surprised me with a homemade card (the best kind) that read, "Happy Mother's Day to the best mommy in the world" which was adorned with both Bo & Sam's hand prints, and some trademark Bo scribbles. It is perfect and hanging on the fridge for me to read everyday.

They also gave me a Pottery Barn Picture Frame engraved with "Mother's Day 2009" on it and filled with the most beautiful picture ever. EVER I TELL YOU!!

And they did it all by themselves!

Wes "arranged" for me to be out of the house yesterday for a couple of hours so he could do it. He's so sneaky. And even more amazing, is that the picture is awesome. I have no idea how he did it. Both kids have combed hair, are looking at the camera and Bo is smiling. He even claims it only took 2 shots. I don't believe it but I can't stop looking at it. I love it.

Then to top it all off, Wes tells me we have lunch reservations and Randi would be here at 11:45 to watch the kids. Are you kidding me?! There's more?

We went to Lavelle's and stuffed our already stuffed waffle faces with yummy rich brunch food and then waddled home to find that Randi and Bo had decorated the house with pink streamers and a "We Love You Mom" sign that they made while we were at lunch. She also had a vase of white tulips on the table surrounded by all the fixings for strawberry shortcakes (what a sweetheart) and a bowl of pink jelly beans.And as if things couldn't get any better, I just woke up from a 2 hour nap. 2 hours! And it felt great.

What a day!!

Thank you Wes. You are the best hubby in the world. I love you.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

What a great day!

Angie said...

That was awesome of Wes and you deserved every bit of it!

Katie said...

Totally awesome. I am so glad you had a great day. The photo is really good! I'm very impressed...