Saturday, April 3, 2010

42nd Annual Military Appreciation Banquet (as civilians)

Every year the Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce puts on a huge banquet in honor of our local military men & women, especially those who have gone above and beyond the call of duty. We never attended while Wes was active duty (not sure why), but it was nice to go and be the ones appreciating the military for a change rather than the ones getting appreciated.

We were the hosts to 2 aviation NCO's who were receiving awards that night and hearing Wes chat it up with them like he used to do before freeze-ups and incompetent appraisers took the place of blackhawks and PT, made me realize how much the military still means to me. I loved sitting back and listening to all the stories. Sure, the deployments sucked and moving all the time wasn't ideal, but the military is like one big family and that night I felt a bit like being at a family reunion.
How funny is this? Wes & I had no idea the boys snuck into the pic. They crack me up!

5 comments:

Randi Marie said...

You look beautiful Laura!!!

Angie said...

Wow, Laura! You look gorgeous. Great picture of you and Wes. I don't know how you keep up with everything but I think you're amazing.

Tracy said...

Are you in a strappy dress with SNOW still in the background? Pretty dress!

POB said...

The sneaky boys crack me up!

Randi Marie said...

I just noticed you're doing the "arm pose". Good job! I taught you well!