Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Pinky Toe Infection

Who knew a tiny little cut on your pinky toe could turn into this?!  I  had the cut for a few weeks and then it gradually got more and more sore.  Then yesterday Max stepped on it in the parking lot and it just about dropped me.  I screemed like a little girl.  And later in the dayI stubbed it on our rubbermaid tub of trains and almost peed myself it hurt so bad.  That's when I realized there was a red streak going up my foot and I decided I should go have it checked out.  Three IV antibioitcs, a quickly growing red streak and six hours later, I was discharged with an additional 10 day oral supply of antibiotics and a diagnosis of Staph Infection.  Not cool.  And not helping my training if I can't even put a shoe on.  Sucks!

3 comments:

Kathie said...

my toe looks exactly like this.. I just got put on keflex.. Its killing me... hope I dont' have to go get on IV antibiotics... YUCK Kathie

Unknown said...

I’m having the same issue

Unknown said...

How is your foot now? Did the line go away?