Sunday, September 27, 2009

Nana's Visit

Ok, so life with 3 is way more hectic than life with 2 and everything non-kid related has definitely taken a backseat (especially blogging). Trying to find a moment alone is might near impossible and when there is one, it is either extremely short lived or filled with a much needed catnap (might I emphasize much needed).

And so, since right now is one of those rare moments, I am going to keep this brief in hopes of getting this finished before one of the little hoodlums wakes up.

***********************
Nana (my mom), with her miraculously timed visit, flew in the day before I went into labor. Thank God.
She had barely been here 24hours, was extremely sleep deprived, jet lagged from flying all night and was thrown into an all out kid whirlwind. But she managed it tremendously. (If you disreagard the state of the house when I got home. Holy toys and dishes everywhere! But, the kids were safe, fed and happy and that's all that matters. Right, Mom?)

But I digress. Nana was a huge help while she was here and I am quite certain we would not have made it through that first week without her help. The adjustment of having another baby in the house was difficult on everyone, especially Sammers.
But as the week rolled on, things started to settle down a bit and life around the house began to return to normal with monster truck races, auto transporter loading and unloading, airplane flying, Lego building, race track constructing, Samsquatch destroying, soccer playing, baby holding, cookie baking, fit throwing, and Nana loving.
Here Nana & Bo are measuring how much snow we got the night before
And here they are watercoloring
It was a great week and a half. Thank you, Nana. We love you.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

We weren't allowed to go barefoot outside when it was cold in Texas. Why is Nana letting Bo out in the snow without pants?? Picking her battles, I assume. I want to squeeze and snuggle all of you! I miss you.