Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Bittersweet Homecoming

My Aunt Mary died 2 weeks ago after a brave 3 year battle with kidney cancer. She was an amazing person, a super fun Aunt, and a wonderful mom to my cousins. I loved her very much and really wanted to be there for her memorial so Max & I made a whirlwind trip down to Austin. We left on Wednesday and came back on Sunday. It was a very quick and tiring trip but I am very glad I went.

I wish it was under better circumstances, but it was really nice to see all of my family and to let Max experience the River for the first time. Ceremonial first dip in the River . . .
Apparently the water was a little cold for his liking . . .
Definitely did NOT like sitting in it . . .
But LOVED sitting next to it with his big cousin Owen . . .
Glad to be dry and on the truck . . .
Warming up with a bath in Nana & Opa's new house . . .

No comments: