Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Summer Recap 4 - Misc Happenings

Some other things from the past month that I don't want to forget . . .

- Bo had his first cavities and got 3 fillings. 2 on one side, 1 on the other. All on the bottom. He did fantastic at the dentist. It only took 3 prior visits a couple weeks apart to get him to that point but he did great and I am so proud of him.

- Sam is always so concerned about everyone else. Where they are, how they are doing, etc. He always asks, "Where's Grandpa?", "Where's Daddy?", "You OK?", "Kiss? Kiss make it better?" (if I bump my arm or stub my toe or something). He also always has to bring you something if he knows it's yours, like Wes' coffee mug or my DDP and won't give it to anyone but that particular person.

- Bo asked Grandma why she was so fat while pinching her love handles.

-Max has seen 2 eye doctors about his clogged tear duct and is scheduled to have surgery in a few weeks to fix it.

- Bo asked me, "How do cars steer if only their front wheels turn?" Seriously? What 4 year old notices that?!

- Max HATES, and I mean HA-ATES! to get dressed, especially his shoes. I thought Bo and Sam were tough but they were a cinch compared to Max. He will fight and wiggle and squirm and roll and toss and screech and do anything he can do get away. He does not like to be held down or restrained in any way. He always wants to be on the go and being held to get dressed is torture for all involved. It is a wrestling match every time.

-Bo had his first sleep over a few weeks ago. He spent the night with Grandma and had a fabulous time. They played hard all day, stayed up late, and then slept on the floor together. Grandma was sore the next day but Bo was so happy.

- Sam is in a big-boy bed now. It has been and is still a struggle to get him to stay in bed but we are getting there slowly but surely.

-I have always sung Sam songs before bed such as, You Are My Sunshine, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Jingle Bells, Silent Night (my repertoire of songs is limited so Christmas songs are a staple). But recently he has started to ask for songs about Daddy, Daddy's Truck, Bulldozers, his dresser, Grandma's House, 4-wheelers, Nana, Bo, Choo-choos, Tom & Jerry . . . you name it, I've sung about it and believe you me, they are not pretty. And since my musical ability is retarded at best, every new song is to the tune of an existing song. Here are some of his favorites:

Daddy Loves You - is to the Barney song
I love you
You love me
Daddy loves our family
and he works really hard all through the day
so you and I can run and play

Daddy loves Sam
Daddy loves Bo
Daddy loves Max and Mama, so
Let's all run up and give him a hug
And say thank you for being loved

Daddy's Truck - is to Frara Jaca
Daddy's tru-uck
Daddy's tru-uck
Is really loud
Is really loud
We can hear it comin
Up and down the street
Vroom Vroom Vroom
Vroom Vroom Vroom

Bulldozers - is to America the Beautiful
Oh beautiful for bulldozers and yellow back-hoes too
For brown dirt mountains majesty, above the green birch trees
O big diggers, O big diggers, come move this dirt for me
And crown thy good a neighborhood, from street to shining street

Tom & Jerry - is to The Farmer and the Dell
Tom chases Jerry, Tom chases Jerry, hi ho the dairy o, Tom chases Jerry
Jerry gets away, Jerry gets away, hi ho the dairy o, Jerry gets away
Tom gets squished, Tom gets squished, hi ho the dairy o, Tom gets squished

2 comments:

Angie said...

I LOVE the songs! Thank you for posting these. I've made up bedtime songs before, but they weren't requests, more just soothing "sleep now, sleep all night long." Yours are way better.

Katie said...

Such clever songs! You are so good at that!!