Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My AWOL Excuse

I think this is by far the longest I have ever gone between blog posts. I feel horrible. I have so much to tell and so many cute pictures to share and no lap top to do so (thanks leaky sippy cup of apple juice in my bag), so I am now on our desktop and because I can't remember all the really cute things that have been going on lately, I leave you with this lame update.

Here is what came of mine and Bo's flowers this summer:

June

July

August
*********
We were having the hardest time getting Bo the slightest bit interested in potty training until we found out while camping July 4th that he really really wanted his own 4-wheeler. Ah-ha! As soon as we told him that 4-wheelers were for big boys and big boys wear underwear, he was all over it. Finally a reward worth wearing underwear for. Success! We were stoked.

The original plan was to wait until he was completely potty trained before giving it to him, but summer is running out and we wanted him to get some enjoyment out of the deal, so about 4 weeks ago his dream came true.

It is old, has been ridden hard, and doesn't have brakes but it is PERFECT. He loves loves loves it! And now, even though he is not 100% potty trained (he's about 98% during the day, and 0% at night), we still use it as bargaining power. "No accidents today or you won't be able to ride your 4-wheeler." or "Do you want us to take your 4-wheeler away?" . . . works every time.

*********
And the latest Bo-ism:
Wes: Bo, do you want to wear pajamas or a t-shirt to bed?
Bo: I want to wear a t-shirt and t-pants.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Your flowers are GORGEOUS! And Bo looks like such a big kid on his four-wheeler. What were you thinking getting him a four-wheeler without BRAKES??

Angie said...

Ditto on the brakes comment! Glad to hear that it is working for the most part. The rest will happen.