Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Birthday, Bo!

It's hard to believe it, but Bo turned the big 3 today. He's getting so big but still such my little Bo-Bo at the same time. This really is a fun age.

We celebrated today by first surprising him with cocoa puffs for breakfast (which are his favorite and something he only gets at Grandma's). He was so excited. He kept saying, "I love my birthday."

Then he and I made a cake. He picked a chocolate cake with white icing and by the looks of the finished product, I would like to claim that he helped assemble and decorate it but I can't. The lopsided, off center stack and wompyjawed (sp?) circle on top were all me. Oh and the sprinkles, he wanted to do the sprinkles but found it more entertaining to try and drink them out of the jar and spread them all over the kitchen than to put them on the cake, so that hideousness was all me, too. It looked horrible, absolutely kindergarten craft day horrible, but he had a blast turning red from eating a pound of frosting while I was making it so I'm ok with it. He did, however, pick out how many candles he wanted and stuck them in the cake. That randomness was all him.

Then he, Sam & I met Wes at Carl's Jr for lunch (Bo's favorite place to eat). We had a great time and Bo even got an airplane as his kid's meal toy so that made it even better.

The rest of the day, the boys and I just played and laughed and I tried to call Bo "Birthday Boy" as many times as I could until Wes came home for dinner and we had birthday cake and opened presents.

At least it tasted good

Make a wish
Truck from us

Lightning McQueen from Grandma & Grandpa

Tool bench from us

4 comments:

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Bo!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Bo! I can't believe he is 3! We got Aden the same tool bench for Christmas when he was 3.....he loved it and now it is Hudson's favorite. I hope you guys are doing well. We aren't seeing any signs of spring down here, I hope you guys are.
Merritt

Angie said...

It is so great that you spent the whole day treating Bo for his Birthday. In my house, birthdays lasted about an hour; it was always "here's the cake and the gift - moving on."

Katie said...

The cake looks awesome! Yummy. Happy birthday, Bo! I can't believe he is three already. Time flies...