Sunday, March 29, 2009

All Hail Mr. Mom

Today I woke up feeling particularly shitty from this horrendous head cold I've been battling for over a week and decided that I better go to the doctor before my head and ears exploded. Literally. I mean it. I thought they might.

The pain was in my head like a normal sinus infection but during the night it migrated down into my jaw (weird, I know). And bad. It felt like I had been either punched in the face millions of times or had the most extensive dental work done that required hundreds of shots in my mouth and a fracture or two. Seriously, it hurt. I have never felt anything like it. And it still does.

Anytime I bend over, or even just squat down, the change in pressure about drops me. (Which by the way, I'm really not that tall, so why should just bending down do anything? It's not like I'm repelling down Mount Everest or anything. I'm just squatting down with my head up. I don't get it. But anyway) It pushes the pain even harder outward into my temples and ears and next time it happens I may just be cleaning up head splatter. Really, I might. Thank goodness I have a great steam cleaner.

But I digress, the reason for this post is my wonderful husband. Here I am sick and miserable, and here he is, exhausted from working his tail off all week selling houses so I can stay home with the kids, and yet he was the ultra Mr. Mom today. He did it all.

He made french toast for breakfast, cleaned up the kitchen, did the laundry while I was at the doctor, put both kids down for morning naps, straightened up the laundry room, cleaned out the refrigerator, cleaned all my junk out of the Murano, widdled down his 3 trillion t-shirts so they will fit in the drawer, plowed the driveway, shoveled the front porch, took the trash to the dump. You name it, he did it.

And now, it's almost 10:00pm and he's downstairs working. I don't know how he does it. The man is a machine. But he's my machine and I love him for it.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Thank goodness Wes was able to do so much. I hope that you are feeling better VERY soon.

Katie said...

So, do you have a sinus infection? I hope you get better ASAP!

Hip hip hooray for Mr. Mom!!!

Laura said...

Yes, sinus infection and it sure hurts way more than any other that I've had. It must be a doozey of a one.