Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Will Eventually Win (someday)

Ok, so my whole, "when Bo turns 3 I'm throwing all his binkies away" thing didn't exactly happen. I just can't bring myself to do it. I just can't. He LOVES those things and his entire world would be ruined without them. (I know, I'm weak. Get over it. I have.)

But I am sick of them. Sick of seeing them plugging up Bo's face. Sick of hearing the binky lisp. Sick of never being able to find one (despite having about 12 when we returned from our trip). But apparently not sick of them enough to get rid of the damn things.

And so my new tactic is strictly limiting them to the bed. If I catch him with one in his mouth around the house, out come the scissors and the binky gets chopped right there in front of him. It is mine! A little brutal, I know, possibly borderline mean, but it seems to be working. Now, I can just threaten to get the scissors and that binky is thrown back in bed before I can even set foot in the kitchen.

Now, I'd say that's progress.
Bone pile from the last 2 weeks

No comments: