Wednesday, April 29, 2009

8 More Days

I had an OB check up yesterday, the first one since our ultrasound to "date the baby", and despite what Wes & I were told at the ultrasound, the doctor has our due date as October 10. Ugh. I am so frustrated. Not that 8 days is really that much of a difference when it's all an educated guess anyway, but still. I have had October 2 in my head for a month now and as far as I'm concerned, that's the due date.

But no, now I have to "redo" my 17th week. It's almost like having to repeat a grade in school (not that I really know what that would be like but just stay with me). You did it once, you thought you wouldn't have to again, but then someone tells you to go back and start over. Seventh grade again? Not cool.

And because I am a week behind what I thought, now I have to wait 4 weeks until my next appointment before getting the referral for the big ultrasound. Again, not cool. I was really banking on getting the referral yesterday and hopefully finding out the sex of the baby in a week or 2. Now I have to wait a good 5 more weeks to do so and I'm not happy about it.

But I really should shut my mouth; I have nothing to complain about. I am happy everything checked out yesterday. The baby's heart rate was strong, my blood pressure and weight on track, and all labs have been negative thus far. The baby appears healthy and he/she will decide whether Oct 2 or 10 is the right day, not the doctor.

2 comments:

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

Knowing you, you will have that baby in September :)

Look on the bright side you might be re-doing a week, but you didn't realize you were as far along as you are at first. So you kinda skipped a few in the beginning. :)

Glad everything is going well and even though I am trying to bring you the bright side I completely understand. Especially sense you guys are going to find out the sex and now have to wait longer to find it out.

Angie said...

Yeah, I'm with Jamie. It isn't like you are going to actually BE pregnant on October 10th. That does stink that you will have to wait longer to find out the gender, though.