Sunday, October 12, 2008

3 Party Weekend

Party 1: (Friday Night) Surprise birthday party for Randi at our house. We actually pulled it off and she was genuinely surprised.

Party 2: (Saturday Morning) Football watch Party at our house (Nebraska vs Texas Tech). Too bad we lost.

Party 3: (Saturday Night) H.I.P.O.W - Happiness Is Paying Our Way - It's a big fundraiser (dinner, silent auction, live auction & lots of schmoozing) for the Catholic Schools of Fairbanks but really it was more of an over sized garage sale with some panhandling mixed in. Seriously. It was weird. At one point the emcee flat out asked for money. He started with $5000, then $2500, $1000 & $500. I could not believe how many people donated. I guess it's the thing to do when you send your kids to private school or you want everyone around you to see that you have lots of money to give. I don't know; it seemed more of a who's who of Fairbanks than a let's help the kids thing.

But we had a good time nonetheless. I just wish we could have stayed the whole time. We got all dressed up for goodness sake. But Sam had other plans. He would not take a bottle and was screaming so we were home by 11:00.

It's ok, though, I was absolutely exhausted from the weekend and vacuuming the house three trillion times in between all the people coming over. So maybe Sam really did us a favor after all.

Oh and I almost forgot, before we left for HIPOW, Bo, unsolicited and out of the blue, said. "Mommy, look pretty." It was the best thing ever. He made my day. I love that guy even if he was a pain in the butt most of the day today. Uggh, we had a rough day but I'll save that for another entry.


4 comments:

Angie said...

I would have a real problem with the private school money thing. Going to private school is just not covered by tuition. People would expect you to give at fundraisers, too. And, you've already paid your taxes that fund public schools, too. But that's a whole different post, not for your comment section.

It completely makes my day when Ashlyn compliments me, too. I set the bar pretty low most of the time, so if I just put on a skirt or something she loves it.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you and Wes are living life in the Fairbanks fast lane. Do Tracy and Tom need to pack formal attire?

Katie said...

You guys look GREAT!!! I love it when you write about what you're doing in Fairbanks...it brings back many good memories! Not that I ever went to HIPOW, but I remember hearing about it at work!

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

I have to second Bo! You look BEAUTIFUL!!!