Sunday, October 26, 2008

This Smell Is Making Me Sick

I've decided to start a new series of blogs,

"You know you live with a spirited child when . . . "

And so, my first goes something like this:

You know you live with a spirited child when your dinner is interrupted by an overwhelming stench of baby powder oozing out of the back bedroom and into your lemon meringue pie.

Tracy Enjoying Her Last Day Here With Sam
(Not the "spirited" one)

Bo left the dinner table early and went back to his room where he was playing quietly. This usually means he's pooping so I didn't think anything of it. I was just happy to be enjoying a quiet dinner without Bo pulling on me or having to ask him over and over to sit down on his bottom. About 15 minutes later, Tracy asked, "Umm, Is Bo doing something with baby powder?"

I didn't even get up. I didn't want to know.

Wes went to check it out and when I heard, "BO ELIAS!", I knew it couldn't be good.

This is what he found . . .

The Air Was So Thick With Powder It Fogged The Photo

He had pulled everything off of his changing table, dumped the wipes all over the floor, and poured baby powder EVERYWHERE! And I mean EVERYWHERE!

It was in every dresser drawer, in the diaper basket, on the changing pad, on and in the fan, on his bed, in a baseball cap, in a diaper, in the dirty close hamper, and on his toys. You name it, he sprinkled it.

And now, many vacuuming times and almost 24 hours later, the horrible (once thought of as nice) smell of baby powder is making me want to vomit.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh no he DIDN'T!!!! That is AWFUL!

I did that at some point in my childhood, thinking I was decorating the dollhouse with "snow." The neighbors are STILL pissed at me (was at my friends house!) Anyway, I remember that stench. I cannot believe he did that!

Angie said...

Wow, I love stories like this...reading your blog is like watching an exotic discovery channel show; it's something I will never experience and therefore all the more entertaining!