Friday, October 3, 2008

Love & Hate

It is October 3 and there is already a lot of snow on the ground. It is cold, winter is here, and I am not happy about it. So instead of writing about how much I am dreading the next 6 months, or how Bo refuses to wear a coat because the zippers are "owie", or how it took me 45 minutes to get to the gym today because the roads were horrible, (thank goodness I have an appointment on Tuesday to have my winter tires put on), or how our super cool new deck is just one more thing I have to shovel, I am going to focus on Sammers.


Sam is absolutely a shining light in my day. He is so much fun to be around. He laughs and loves attention. It still amazes me how quickly he is growing up. I want to remember it all.

The way his smile is a bit offset, crooked in the cutest of ways. The way he watches Bo's every move with a sense of awe. The way his cheek feels against mine. And the way his body feels all curled up on my chest during our naps together on the couch. I want to remember it all.

Well, maybe not all. I could forget about how he still doesn't sleep very well at night. He's still up about every 3 hours. Every once in awhile he'll go 6 but not often enough. I've still been swaddling him at night which helps, but despite my attempt to get him all snug, he still managed to wiggle out this morning.

So, while the weather is only going to get colder and more miserable, I'm thankful for what's inside.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And Sam and Bo are two of the luckiest little people on earth -- you are fantastic.
Love, Mom

Angie said...

Oh, no, October is way too soon for full out winter. Isn't there a rule that it has to be the middle of the month? Ok, sorry. Moving on.

Cute, cute boys. Please do a comparison of your two boys at the same age. I want to see!

Katie said...

Very sweet post....I know exactly what you mean about wanting to remember it all. Good that you're writing it all down!