Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy Birthday, Wes!

Today was Wes' 32nd birthday and we surprised him with a birthday lunch here at the house. His assistants wanted to surprise him by taking him out to lunch but one of them (way to go, Jewel) accidentally sent the string of emails to Wes so the surprise was out of the bag.

They then decided to just schedule lunch with him (gotta be on Wes' calendar if you ever want to do anything with him) and surprise him NOT by the fact that they were taking him to lunch, but by WHERE they were taking him.

It was great. They (Jewel, Randi, Tara & Jeri) all piled in the car and brought Wes home. Kim & Jim came, and so did Ethan.

I decorated the house with balloons and birthday-ware, made a big batch of Halibut & Wild Rice Soup, a salad and hot bread. We topped it off with a ginormous (and I mean GINORMOUS) peanut butter pie from Wolf Run Dessert & Dinner House. Yummmm-mmy.

Bo begged Wes all through lunch to open his gifts. At one point he was even dancing on top of the gift on top of the table.

From me and the boys


Card from Randi & Ethan

It was a great 2 hour lunch with friends, and best of all, Wes got to hang out with Bo & Sam during the day.

Then tonight, I made Wes his favorite cherry pie. I didn't make it for lunch because I know how much he loves it and was afraid he wouldn't want to share.

After pie we rocked out with Rock Band. At one point Wes was on drums, Bo on lead guitar and I was on vocals singing Bon Jovi's "Dead or Alive". Quite the site but so much fun (unless you were one having to hear me sing).

Happy Birthday, Wes. I hope you had a great day.

6 comments:

Angie said...

Happy Birthday, Wes!

(And, um, could you send me a peanut butter pie, Laura?)

Anonymous said...

The Madden Family Band - Rock on! Happy Birthday, Wes!

Anonymous said...

WES!!!!!! Happy Birthday!!!!!
Looks like you had a great one.
Please tell me you have video of Laura singing. haha
We miss you guys!
Kim and Brandon

Angie said...

Wes, I wish I could have been there for your birthday! Sounds like it was awesome (thanks to your lovely ladies!!) I miss you guys!

Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

Happy birthday buddy! I keep forgeting your day is in October. I want your birthday to be in November for some crazy ass reason. The day sounds great, but the gift from Lola and the boys sounds AWESOME!! We are breaking that out on our next visit!! O-yeah

Katie said...

Happy Birthday!

And, when you're done sending Angie a wolf run peanut butter pie, will you send me one too? Yum.

Rock Band looks AWESOME!!!