Saturday, November 8, 2008

Miracle Drug

This stuff is AMAZING!! I have had the worst head cold for a week and have felt like shit the whole time. I have used almost an entire box of Sudafed and at least 2 boxes of tissues this week and nothing has helped relieve the intense pressure behind by ears or horrible block of cement that has so rudely taken up space in my head. Well, nothing until now.

Thanks to advice from my Uncle Doc, I went out tonight and bought some Afrin. 20 minutes and 6 squirts ago, I became a new woman. I can breathe clearly for the first time in days and am loving it. I keep inhaling huge breaths through my nose to feel the cool mouthwashy feel it left behind. It's so great. I'm telling you, if you haven't ever tried it, you need to (if you get a bad head cold that is).

What I don't get though, is why my doctor never suggested it to me. It sure seems simple enough and much cheaper than the drug cocktail of Sudafed, Motrin & Vicodin he prescribed to me. Is this something that lots of other people know about or no? Either way, it is new to me, and believe you me, I am a new fan and will always keep a bottle on hand just in case.

I'm going to go to bed now and enjoy sleeping on 1 pillow instead of having to prop my head up on 3 to try and breathe. I just hope it lasts until morning becuase the bottle says to not use it more than twice in 24 hours. My fingers are crossed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can get addicted to it. And if you over-use it, it can become ineffective.