Sunday, November 2, 2008

Nana, Sick, Snot & Halloween

My mom has been here for 4 days and I have been sick for all 4 (thus the lack of blogging). She flew in Thursday afternoon and I have been running fever ever since. It sucks! And now, she is leaving in the morning, I am still sick, and the boys are snotty nose messes of diarrhea (Bo) and sneezing fits (Sam). What a great visit!

However, we did manage to enjoy Halloween a little bit on Friday by drugging up (me) and going to Gymnastics, Inc for a morning of costumes and fun. Bo, despite his temper tantrum of vocal reluctance to wear the damn thing because it had an "owie zipper", was Curious George. And a cute Curious George at that.


Sam did not dress up (yes, I am a lame mom) but enjoyed watching his brother run and jump and swing on the rings for 2 hours, and not as Curious George, but as Bo, because he stripped down after about 10 minutes. Damn zippers!


Bo loved playing with the parachute. It was his first time and was absolutely giddy. Oh, and don't let my happy face fool you, I am feeling like crap in this picture but was trying hard to "fake-it" for Bo's sake.



Then later that night, Wes and I were supposed to go to a Greater Fairbanks Board of Realtors Halloween Party, but unfortunately my "faking-it" only got me so far. I tried telling myself I felt better than I did (the whole mind-over-matter thing), got all dressed up, and then crashed. I never made it out the door.


Thank goodness I didn't go. Within an hour or so of this photo, I was in bed, shaking uncontrollably with chills and a fever of 102.7. Happy Halloween to me.

So that was Friday. And on Saturday, it continued with more fever, more body aches, my throat feeling like a sharp bowling ball every time I swallowed, my head and ears on the brink of explosion and, as if that wasn't enough, Sam's stuffiness got really bad and Bo started running fever as well. By midnight his had skyrocketed up to 104 degrees. Welcome to Fairbanks, Nana!

Sunday wasn't much better so Mom convinced me to go to the doctor and I think the doc felt sorry for me for not going trick-or-treating this year because he sent me home with a pretty good bag full of goodies. Vicodin, Motrin & Sudafed. I would much rather have had Twix, Kit-Kat, & Reece's, but at least my treats won't turn my thighs into nasty cottage cheese (glass is always half full).

But in between all of Sam's 3 trillion sneezes in Nana's drinks, Bo's diarrhea and fever, and my sick self, we did manage to have some fun.
Bath Time With Nana
Bo & Nana Making Gnocchi

Sam Getting Some Sugar From Nana

And that was our weekend. It wasn't what I had hoped for Mom's visit, but at least we got to see her. I just hope we didn't get her sick, but I'm not holding my breath.

1 comment:

Katie said...

How awful.....at least your mom was there to help you through part of the sickness, though it is a bummer you weren't feeling better to enjoy her visit. I can't believe you got all dressed up and didn't even get to have any fun. THAT SUCKS!!!