Friday, December 5, 2008

Picture Drama

We had an appointment last night to have Sam's 6 month pictures taken and decided to try and get some family portraits done as well. I had grand plans. I wanted pictures of Sam, ones of Bo & Sam together, a family picture to update the one on our wall from 2 years ago, and a cute Christmas picture to send out with Christmas cards.

I knew this was ambitious but I was optimistic. Probably falsely so, but hopeful still. I really thought it would all work out. Sam is so easy going and smiley and Bo has always been a ham in the past, so why wouldn't it?

I ran around town all morning looking for outfits for the boys. I would have done it sooner but I just booked the appointment 2 days prior and this was my first chance to get out. I never found exactly what I was looking for but wasn't ready to give up.

So, later, after naps, totally last minute at this point, I did another whirlwind trip through Old Navy on the way to the studio. And I mean whirlwind. Clothes were flying, sales people were scurrying, and Bo was crying, but by golly I left there with a bag full of clothes in a matter of minutes, and damn it I was going to get the perfect family picture.

Some how, though, in all the chaos, Bo never got the memo.

4 stores, 9 purchased outfits, 2 trips to town, bribes of chocolate, an orange Popsicle, and 1.5 hours of studio time later, we NEVER got a decent family portrait.

We did however, get some great shots of Sam. He is so much fun and such a happy baby. He was smiling at anything and everything. And really, he was the main reason we went to the studio in the first place so I shouldn't complain.

Besides, now I have an excuse to not send out Christmas cards this year. Things could be worse.

No comments: