Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sleep Update

Last night Sam went to bed at 7:45pm, was up crying at 11:15pm, I went in and rubbed his head for a minute, and I did not nurse him until he was up again at 12:45am. That's 5 hours. Woo-hoo!

I can't remember for the life of me what happened after that because for some reason, despite being exhausted, I could not fall asleep. It was like I was over tired. I don't know what my deal was. I finally took half a Valium at 2:00am, laid on the couch and eventually fell asleep somewhere between watching The O'Reily Factor and Fox & Friends.

What I do know is that I woke up with him on my chest on the couch this morning at 6:00am and put him in his crib. (Ooops. That can't help matters.) And he woke up for the day at 8:50am.

Not quite the ideal night by any means, but we're getting there.

1 comment:

Angie said...

It will get better.